Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wicked Trip Part 2

So George H. Bush comes to eat lunch with a family in Hendersonville. It is roughly 1993, around November, say 13th...

The interstates are backed up. Unheard of at that time. The bridges and overpasses had cops with sniper rifles at each end. I was tripping on at least the equivalent of 4-5 hits of acid. I had no idea what was going on, but I had developed a theory. wink wink.

My "theory" was that a man had called the police and said that he would jump off a bridge, but they just didn't know which one. So, in my naive state, I am thinking that the cops are actually trying to save someone. Not snipe them.

So we are in traffic for quite a while. We had the windows of the bus rolled down, and we eventually scooted up to another car that had the windows down. I decided to ask...

"Do you know what is going on here?"

She replies with, "President Bush is in town."

And my response is an astounding...."So?"

Nice one butthead. She says, "It's in case anyone is trying to kill him."

To which I boldy reply, "I'll do it!"

Um, bad news bears. She scowled at me at rolled the window up. I realized what I had said after I said it. What a dumbass! But hey, I was 16 and on acid.

Somehow, we make it through the traffic jam, and without being captured by men in black...whew. I don't know exactly why, but we did stop at a Wendy's after that. I remember walking in the parking lot toward the restauarant feeling like I was hovering at least 2 feet in the air above the ground. I was gliding. I giggled about it. It felt funny, good, and a little ticklish.

I remember getting a frosty and just mainly playing with it. It wasn't too long after that I had to go home. Shit, are you serious?

I was still mega peaking. 5 hits into it, and about 8 hours into it....I had a long way to go. I had to go home. To my mom, who was my worst nightmare at the time.

Oh holy hell, it's a damn wonder I didn't experience a nuclear meltdown when that time came. I arrived home and my grandmother was there too. I went into the living room and turned on the TV. I found Little Nikita. I loved, absolutely loved River Phoenix. He was one sexy bastard. So I was hooked.

I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to watch Little Nikita, and simultaneously trying not to pull out all of the carpet fibers. I just knew my mom knew something was up. I was going nuts about it inside. Therefore, when I asked her if I could stay over at Mira's house, and she said yes, I thought it was a trick. I almost fucked it up for myself.

I called Mira, and asked her to come and get me, she said....."Be there in 20 mins."

No comments: