Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Ho From Room One-Oh-Foh!

It's a Friday night, and of course the Sharkadelics are playing the house bar. Now, a lot of people seem to like the Sharkadelics, but I think they suck. First of all, they are a purely cover band. How bad must it suck to make your claim to "fame" by riding the coattails of real musicians. I only come down hard on them, because I have spent years learning to play music, in a lot of different aspects. One thing I do know is this, I wouldn't have kept on if I wasn't writing my own music. I'm digressing.

So the house cover band is on, and the same crowd of degenerates is out in force. Though, tonight, we have a newcomer. At least, it's the first time I have seen her. This woman, roughly around 40, was in a too-tight pair of jeans, and a tube top. Yes, ladies and gentleman, a tube top. Didn't those go out in the late '80's with legwarmers?

She had her tongue clear down this young man's throat. I say young man, how about overgrown kid. He was maybe 24 and that is if I am guessing at the possible end of this man's age spectrum. He was in baggy pants and a loose T-shirt. And eating it up. Ick.

So these two go about this same behavior for about an hour and a half, right out on the sidewalk. Several people had made comments about getting a room (we are at a hotel)...

After a while, the young man helps the "lady" through the door and asks me where room 104 is. I direct them to the front desk, and he finds out. He walks her (really it was more like half-dragging) her to room 104. Her key doesn't work. He leaves her in the hall, and comes back to ask me for a new keycard. Again, I direct him to the front desk. When, if ever, will these people see the sign over my head that denotes a different business?

The front desk lady says that she can't give him a key, because he is not a guest. So she asks him to bring the girl to the desk. Turns out she isn't the guest of the hotel either. A man that has been staying there a month is. According to the bartender, this "ho" met the guy in 104 earlier that night, and he had said she could stay with him tonight. Then he left the bar some time after that and retired to his room.

Anyhow, the front desk ends up calling the guy in the room. He comes out. The young man that was "helping" her to her "room", was like....WTF? And left. So now it just her and dude from 104. He takes her back to his room, and they are in there maybe 20 mins. They come out, and come up to my desk, dammit again. They ask for paper and pen, and I oblige. She writes her number down, and she slurs:

"You won't call me. You won't call me."

"Yes I will." and he ushers her out the door. Now use your imagination, folks. What do YOU think she did in there for 20 mins?

Well, the hotel staff and I made quite a bit of fun at this little episode. I knew that I would see her again. Just had the feeling. And sure enough, Sunday night, she was back. And with the dude from 104.

And I gave a little shout out to the front desk...."It's the 'ho from one-oh-foh!'"

No comments: